Welcome to Day Three of “Five Days of Fall”. Instead of my usual one post this week I’m writing five, each with a different fall-themed idea. Nothing fancy, just some simple, inexpensive ways I cozy things up around here when the leaves start to turn.
Today I’m jumping on the pumpkin-flavored bandwagon with a recipe that does double duty as a bagel schmear and an apple dip. (Note: I did not create this recipe. It’s from a 2004 edition of Cooking Light magazine.)
This is one of the easiest things you’ll make this season. If you can use an electric mixer you can do this.
Pumpkin Flavored Bagel Schmear & Apple Dip
- 6 ounces lo-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, and pumpkin with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add maple syrup and cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
You have to try this one. I promise it’s the perfect balance of sweet and creamy and fall flavors. Mmmmmm. I hope you love it as much as we do.